Kuwait College of Science and Technology, in partnership with Kuwait Shield's initiative to support medical staff in the Ministry of Health in their fight against coronavirus, now produces 120 face shields daily in its Development Facility using 3D printing and laser cutting technology.
All protective equipment is sterilized by UV rays before packaging and delivery to ensure they are safe for use by the medical staff. The innovative product is fully designed and produced by young Kuwaiti and student volunteers in an initiative to support medical staff on the front lines.
Face shields have been delivered to Jaber Hospital, the Airport, and Adan Medical Center to assist the Ministry of Health in its combat against the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Kuwait Medical Association commended the initiative by KCST being the only university in Kuwait that has the facilities and machines capable of producing such protective equipment.
- 02 July 2020 Al Mulla Automobiles Wins First Place at the Annual Mercedes-Benz Overseas General Distributor Awards
- 28 April 2020 Kuwait College of Science and Technology Produces Protective Equipment for Medical Staff
- 10 April 2020 Al Mulla Group Dedicates its Resources to the Fight against Coronavirus
- 09 April 2020 مجموعة الملا تسخّر مواردها لدعم جهود مكافحة فيروس كورونا في الكويت
- 08 March 2020 Al Mulla Motors wins Best Customer Service Award at Daimler Commercial Vehicles Middle East & Africa